June 10, 2014

Sitting in the rain...

...waiting for Joe and his crew to arrive.  We were going to pick them up but thunder storms have been popping up all afternoon and, though I don't mind the rain, a lightning strike can hurt in a small boat.  They will catch the ferry from Marsh Harbour to here.  They caught the 6AM from Syracuse this morning so we are not expecting any partying tonight.

The trip to the Mermaid Reef park the other day was terrific.  They have four mooring buoys that you tie on to and snorkel a few yards to the reef.  Many more fish and greater variety than off the reef over at the Lodge on the Atlantic.  Here's a few of the pictures I took underwater with our new camera.






These guys almost swarm around you as you swim.



There was company of course...


I also took my Nexus 10 tablet out for some pictures.  Can't complain about the quality.



Or the features.  They make pano's really easy to take.  Try clicking this view of our marina from the owner's deck.  I did not reduce the size of this.



Ok.  I think it is cocktail hour.  The rain has stopped once more but the clouds threaten.


1 comment:

  1. Wow! The pics are awesome Dad! :) I think we need a new underwater as well! :) Enjoy the time with Joe's clan :) I am sure Jo is extremely happy to have Brandy and Grace back for a bit :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!