June 3, 2016

Progress

It's taking a while but Jo is working from stern to bow and is now almost complete with the galley.  Next is the utility room and forward cabin and head.  Then, cleaning wise we will be ready to head out.  

Working outside is hell right now.  At dawn it is almost 80 degs F and humid.  After a few minutes the perspiration is stinging the eyes and the pool beckons!  

While Jo is working through every single draw and cupboard cleaning I have been working the systems and outside.  One water pump has a pressure switch leak meaning it cycles on and off continuously.  I could change the switch but the pump is original from 1996 and noisy.  I have two in series on this boat and I changed the other one for a new one two years ago.  I have bought a new one to replace this faulty original one so both will be quiet and reliable.  Just waiting for a good time to get in the bilge to fit it when Jo is available to pass me tools.  I also replaced our dockside water hose and filter and shocked the water tank prior to departure.

The dinghy has fried in the sun for a long time and my davit system has almost unglued.  I have re-glued both stand-offs and tomorrow, while it is cooler in the morning, I will repair the port tube which has deflated due to a poor design.  Then we can remount the engine and get it running which will likely take a while.

Another thing that fried and has fried repeatedly is the inner tubes on our folding bikes which we store on the aft deck.  This time I have ordered solid inner "tubes" which cannot deflate.  They arrive Monday so we'll see how well they work!

In between times we are meeting our friends in the marina area and in Vero Beach and cooling off in the pool.  A great dinner with Ed and Sandy last night was preceded by lunch at The Riverside with Jenny and Russel, served expertly by Joanne.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!