December 3, 2013

Crossing Florida!!!

It seems like it has taken forever to get here but we are now crossing Florida with Bradenton only a few days away.

Vero Beach disappeared in our rear view mirror at 0750 this morning.  And a fine morning it was!



Unlike the last few, this morning was sunny with blue sky.



We slowly passed "OokPik", a trawler from Ottawa.  We talked for a while on the radio with them.  Nice folks who have been doing for 4 years what Jo and I are starting out to do.

We passed through the meandering channels in Stuart to get onto the Okeechobee waterway.  Once through the Saint Lucie Lock we entered River Forest marina.  Although this is mostly a hurricane hole storage centre it is one of the most well kept marinas we have stayed in.  Spooky loved walking on the grass.



Dream Weaver looks very much at home amongst some very nice yachts!



Yes, that's a Hinckley party boat in the foreground.

This is what it looks like without its clothes at the waterline:



Twin waterjets give it a very shallow draft.  However, we have heard that this model was very troublesome for Hinckley with substantial reliability issues.

This is a Pershing 62's business end.  This time with Arneson drives (without props):



We plan to cross Lake Okeechobee tomorrow.  The forecast is very favourable.

I hope this is a more upbeat posting since Joe has complained that I am sounding a bit low.  Also, I want to thanks all who have commented.  For some reason I can't answer in the comments section!  I know some folks are looking but please keep the comments coming!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo!!! You're almost there! :) So exciting!
    I didn't know the boat had rear view mirrors btw ;)
    Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!