February 27, 2014

Rest in peace washer/dryer

Long live new storage! Happy Birthday Brenda!

As you all know the washer /dryer has never worked and it's so old that replacement parts are no longer available.  We could have replaced it with a new one ($900) but that would require taking the frame off the door to get it into the utility room.  So, after a long and acrimonious debate regarding how many trips to the marina laundry a new machine covered, "we" decided to get rid of it.  As I mentioned the other day, Jon and I disassembled the old machine and removed it to the garbage.  Today I had Lowes cut me some melamine panel to convert the new space into storage.



Tomorrow I will install shelves and retainer fronts, iron on some melamine finish tape onto the raw wood until I figure out how to finish it with a door.

One more day and we set off for the east coast and the Bahamas.  I have made reservations all the way to Riviera Beach.  Twin Dolphin has been a amazing marina that we wholeheartedly recommend to anyone.  Thanks to Barbara, Jill, Natalie (MOM) and all the deckhands who looked after us.  Tomorrow we also say goodbye to our friends at O'Bricks and Pier 22.  We had a wonderful goodbye dinner with Matt and Karie (Lost Cat) whom we have very much appreciated as friends here.




Today, I received emails from some folks from Canada doing the same thing as us at the same time on the same boat in the same general area.  So here's a shout out to Sweet Escape and looking forward to meeting you guys in the Abacos!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!