August 28, 2014

Utility Room Update

 We have been carrying around two boxes of laminate flooring since we installed same in the galley.  We decided that it was time to install it in the utility room as we planned.

It took almost the whole day.  First we removed the baseboards so we could rip up the vinyl flooring Sea Ray installed at the factory.  We also removed the door to give us a bit more room to work. Then we used my trusty Dremel MultiMax tool to remove excess glue from the floor.  There was a hatch to do as well.  


You can see that there isn't a single straight line, right-angled wall to work with.

Even without the door there was still little room to move.  I got cramps in my legs and, more than once, my toes went numb.


Thinking about the pool and a libation at this point and we hadn't had lunch yet!


Around three o'clock we were struggling with the last piece.  Did I mention there are no right-angles on this boat?


The last piece in place, base-boards cleaned and re-installed and the door back on.


A good day.  Now for a swim and a Scotch!

2 comments:

  1. Great job Dad! :) Wish I was there to help! Love the hat look ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really looks great Keith! Kudos.

    Was the order really swim and then scotch?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!