September 22, 2014

Road trip to Bradenton

 Jo had to get her hair stained at Gloria's place in Bradenton so we had another excuse to go see Jamie and Jen and Jon and Janice.  We had lunch with Jamie and Jen at one of our favourite lunch places; O'Brick's, on Friday.  Jen was looking smart in her business attire.  Jamie wasn't.  Always great to chat with these folks.

Then to Jon and Janice's place so Jon and I could go get his boat out of the shop and bring it home.  Forecast was for heavy rain but mild winds.  We had the boat back from Bradenton Beach within a couple of hours.

Saturday was Singapore Grand Prix qualifying for breakfast.  The we split for shopping so I could get a new phone  and later we joined up for lunch.  Janice's sister Jen was visiting for the weekend from Naples.  Later Jo had her staining done.  I thought it was too dark but she said it was exactly what she wanted.  What do I know?


Jon had a couple of electrical snags on the boat so we went down to fault find.  One remedied itself (for now) and the other turned out to be a faulty electrical actuator that needs to be replaced.

Next, an Indian supper in Sarasota:



Wine and dice games in the evening.  Sunday breakfast included the Singapore Grand Prix yielding an excellent result.  Then Jo and I hit the road back to Vero Beach.  Very heavy rain storms enroute.  They were heading east with us but much slower of course so we temporarily overtook them.

Spooky was much better on her own this time.  She had eaten and was in good spirits.  She must be getting used to our occasional sojourns to the Gulf Coast.

The storms caught up with us around supper time. This brief movie shows the contrast in the sky as I panned from east to west.



When it arrived, the rain was very heavy and prolonged.  Not the typical afternoon thunderstorm.



In the evening we Skyped with Catherine using the TV.  I like Smart TVs!



That's the diary for this last weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great weekend :) Nice hair Jo! and... Woohoo! I made the blog! :) And I like the Smart TV too! The picture from my end was excellent! :) So great to see you both (and the boat and ripples of the water behind so well! :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!