August 2, 2016

Day 36 - Kingston, NY

Before I talk about today, we had supper with Steve last night and he forwarded a few photos he took of Dream Weaver as we passed through New York.

This is Steve:



..and this is our boat in front of the Statue of Liberty.



We started early again, casting off at 0650.  We love cruising the Hudson.  Deep water, spectacular scenery, interesting places en route and, today, we timed the tides perfectly getting a push all the way to Kingston.  The view leaving Half Moon bay this morning:



Approaching Bear Mountain Bridge is typical of the scenery most of the way.



Freight trains run on the west side of the river and passenger on the west.


We never see CSX (northbound, above) in Mallorytown but we sure do see a lot of CN (southbound, below)!



This is West Point as we approached.



We passed a number of barges en route today.  I have an AIS receiver so I knew of their approach well before I saw them.



This is the CIA building.  Culinary Institute of America. 


This is our stop for today; Rondout Yacht Basin in Kingston.  We love this place.  It's pretty, quiet and well protected.



Tomorrow we head for the state capital in Albany.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!