April 25, 2014

Thinning out

I need a haircut and have made an appointment with Monica for Jo and I.  But that's not what I meant by the title.

We are in the season when the winter boaters head home to the warming climates of the north to be replaced by sport-fishing boats from everywhere.  As you can see from the following pictures there are plenty of free slips and mooring cans:





Jo and I were having an evening wine on the aft deck of Dream Weaver when a lady dropped by to say she recognised our boat from Ed Huck's Scenic Dock in Rockport.  Turns out she and her husband have a very large property on the St Lawrence there.  Their boat is the Pershing in the last photo above and the one below and her name was Lisa Karson, wife of the Carp Road Karson companies owner.  Their boat is here for a couple of weeks.


This beautiful sport fish came in the other day.  Love the lines.


My anchor system is now fully repaired and the Albury ferry company has generously given us five free round trip tickets on their ferries for our trouble.  Very responsive.

Today is Friday which means groceries.  The barge came in from Marsh Harbour yesterday so there will be fresh fruit and veg on the shelves today.  This also means lunch at Captain jack's next door!  Well, you wouldn't trek across the harbour without stopping at Jack's would you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!