April 6, 2011

Work Continues

I arrived in Tampa at 2pm yesterday and picked up some "supplies" nearby.  Then down to West Marine in Port Charlotte for some more "supplies". Supplies for boats are always expensive, especially when one of them is a 3KW Inverter!

This morning I picked up six 6V deep cycle AGM batteries and custom cables that will "feed" the inverter and give us 110V power without running the generator all day. Then I went to see the boat.  The "after" picture of the starboard rear hull follows:


The hull is not finished yet.  Another coat of bottom paint is to be applied and all the thru-hull fittings are being replaced.  I also found I needed new actuators for the trim tabs and a new sacrificial zinc fitting.  But it is all looking much more seaworthy and we should launch per the new schedule tomorrow afternoon.

1 comment:

  1. That looks amazing Dad :) Good luck tomorrow!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!