March 26, 2014

Bigger Storm action

The sprinkle and thunder we got early yesterday morning were nothing compared to the winds we got last night as a cold front came through.  We think Debby bought it with her.


The wind steadily picked up during the day but got quite rowdy last night.  So much so I was up chatting with our neighbour on the sail boat next door at 3:15am while we were checking our lines and the motion of the boat.  The wind was an easterly and topped a steady 35 mph.  I don't know what the gusts were.  It was high tide so our lines were longest and the boat was moving to the extremes in all directions.  Eventually I was satisfied that we were not going to hit anything so I went back to bed.


It was breezy and much cooler today with little humidity.  We took the shuttle over to the grocery store for some provisions and had lunch at Captain Jack's while we were there.


Later Debby tried to get a tan by the pool and eventually gave up.  We retired to the boat and looked forward to warmer sunnier weather!

1 comment:

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!