November 13, 2013

Georgetown SC, update.

I took this with my phone yesterday and forgot to download the picture.  This was the only bridge we had to wait for.  Nice reflections on a calm and cold morning after leaving North Myrtle Beach..


 


We are here in Georgetown to shelter from strong winds and cold temperatures but this place has much more to offer.  It suffered a terrible fire downtown in September that destroyed a number of businesses.  The results can be seen in this picture I took earlier today:



We spent a couple of hours in the Old Fish House aka The Big Tuna, a local bar/restaurant.  Great folks.  They had a parrot in the bar that took a real liking to Jo.  They also had some paintings on boards that were really effective.



We also came across this model who was in the area.  Anyone know who she is?



Joe tried to put a stern face on when the camera came around to him but he failed.



Just for memories and Kelly, here's a picture of one of the many times we have used those coasters:



After a few beers I still felt I could change the fuel filters on the generator and its associated Racor.  I could; but I think I spilt a bit more diesel than necessary.

Tomorrow we head to Charleston at 0700.  Forecast is for freezing temperatures.  NOT what we planned for.  Two days in Charleston.  I will be changing the Racors for the main engines there once they have cooled down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!