July 14, 2016

Day 17 - Surf City, NC

This was a short run before Morehead.  My sciatica has been lousy the last few days and I didn't think I could do a nine to ten hour run so we hopped 25 miles to Surf City and tomorrow will be a 42 mile run to Morehead.  Every day has been extremely warm and humid as well.

Loads of Ospreys en route.  Jo took many photos; this being just one of them.


Scenery was mostly more large homes on the waterfront.  The run was slow due to tides but we docked at 12:30 after waiting half an hour for a swing bridge.  Surf City is very much a visitor seaside town.


The marina is a reincarnation of its failed self.  The docks, power, water and internet are fine.  The rest is a work in progress.


But it's quiet and close to town.

Here is our progress so far:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!