July 20, 2016

Day 23 and 24 - Portsmouth, Virginia

One more state line crossed. A very smooth trip from deep North Carolina country side to urban Portsmouth/Norfolk.  Spooky rebounded so we decided not to venture to a vet yet.



The approach to Portsmouth is sudden and industrial...



That's the George W Bush, the last of the Nimitz class carriers...


..and various vessels in refit at BAE Systems.





We hopped on a golf cart with Greg who took us to the Bier Garden.  We had good times there before.  I think I have had one of the better IPAs out of a bottle:


A couple of interesting boats in the marina:


The long range vessel above is from South Africa.  Interesting low profile (low CG) lines and nice superstructure.  The one below is a Nordlund that is yours for $4.95.  One of the better looking megayachts in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!