May 5, 2011

Well this is interesting

This is on our direct route. I need to check out the alternate via Montreal:
 
ALERT
NEW YORK STATE CANAL SYSTEM NOTICE TO MARINERS
Mariners are advised that the Erie Canal east of the Genesee River (Rochester) and all other segments of the New York State Canal System remain closed for navigation, due to high water and excessive flows caused by recent weather events and continued snow pack melting. The Erie Canal between the Genesee River (Rochester) and the western entrance of the Canal in the Tonawandas remains open. Closures on other portions of the Canal System are expected to continue until at least the week of May 23, 2011.

For updates and information  www.canals.ny.gov.

Updated Thursday 05/05 at 05:16 AM

2 comments:

  1. WOW!!! And after I finally found the route! Where does all this stop? You guys are really getting a baptism of fire! - and water!

    Also, perhaps by the time you get to the Albany area the water will be dropping.

    Stay safe guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't find any major impediment in the Montreal/Richelieu route. But then I don't have your resources set-up on my machine.

    Do you have the appropriate charts for Lake Champlain and the Richelieu? Have you calculated the additional time required to make this detour?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment. I have tried to reply to many but for some reason I can't. So please don't be offended if it seems I am ignoring you!